2015年7月31日星期五

The Experience Of Being Cheated

The fire of anger was burning brightly in my heart. Although in the air conditioning, I felt my face turned red and hot. The only thing in my mind then was to find the old woman and give her some punishment.

It was a summer vacation, some of my friends and I participated in a trip to Shanghai. We had  arranged to stroll in a shopping mall in that afternoon. Everything went smoothly. I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and looked around casually. Suddenly, a woman came towards me. It was obvious that her eyes were filled with desire. By instinct, I stopped and looked her up and down.

I thought she might be over 60 years old according to the grizzled hair, but there were only few wrinkles on her forehead. And her blue clothes were really neat and clean. Generally speaking, her temperament showed she wasn't a beggar. Therefore, I didn't keep away from her but wanted to know what was wrong.

As expected, she asked me for help. She said she was lost and hoped for some money to buy food.I decided to refuse in the beginning since I had heard a lot about cheaters. But I couldn't help trusting her. I was in a dilemma.

I turned around to turn to my friends for advice but found they had left me alone already. There were only two people in the hall at that moment.Not knowing how to face this old woman, I was frozen there and crossed my arms to hide my timidity. Looking down silently, I pretended to begin thinking but my head was totally blank. Sweet wet my back and so I felt kind of cold. Sometimes time didn't fly but crawled.

It was her words that broke the deadlock.“Why are you thinking so long like a girl?", she said. The strong embarrassment drove me to make the decision that I should help her. I always hoped that old people could receive help when they were in need. So I decided to buy food for her instead of giving her money. So I entered a bakery nearby and bought some delicious bread.

After I gave it to her, she seemed a little disappointed and disappeared soon. I felt much more comfortable because I finally got rid of the struggling in my heart. But five minutes later, my friend returned. He told me the old woman was a cheater because he witnessed her throwing the bread into a trash can.

My lungs were burning immediately.The feeling of being cheated was terrible.Anger and even fury immersed me.But in front of my friend, I tried to be calm and pretended to not care about it at all. But when he left I began to look for the tracks of the old woman. As an emotional teenager, I hated that my kindness was for nothing.

I went into all the shops on the first floor aggressively but left quickly. I never found the old woman. Eventually I had to leave for the hotel with others. But this experience really broke my heart. Forever more I would be more careful and calm when facing cheaters.



没有评论:

发表评论