2015年7月6日星期一

Go To Yale Alone



The trip to Yale is really an adventure for me. Although now I am living in Calhoun comfortably and safely, coming here alone is a rather tough experience and impressed me a lot.


It seemed easy for me to decide to go to Yale alone rather than with classmates. But after I got off from the plane at the JFK airport, I felt a little afraid as people around me were almost all foreigners. And the language I heard was English instead of Chinese, my mother tongue. For one second I believed I was lost in New York, a place far away from my hometown.


To be honest, I had put English aside for several months before I came to the USA. And unfortunately, I did not make a plan over how to get to New Haven. As a alone visitor, I dare not trust anyone here, although they look friendly and warm-hearted.


But I must survive and continue my way to Yale. Thus I asked a passer-by where to find the hotel. Thanks to his help I could get to a place where I can catch the shuttle employed by a hotel smoothly.





And the kind receptionist helped me find the shuttle to New Haven finally.

 



Only when I met my classmates could I feel much better. The process of registing was quite efficient. And many people in Yale are very glad to do me a favor. So I think the dangerous but challenging adventure ended.


All in all, I think I was lucky to come here safely. And the most useful tool in this adventure is English. After all, one person can’t do anything in the USA if he doesn’t know English because he can't communicate with others, which may be the most important thing in human society. I really recognize the power of language through this journey, and I will enjoy the life of learning English in Yale University.

没有评论:

发表评论